Fear of death and religion.
(01-26-2016, 11:19 AM)G2G Wrote:
(01-26-2016, 10:32 AM)Mortal Wrote:
(01-26-2016, 10:10 AM)G2G Wrote:
(01-26-2016, 08:39 AM)Mortal Wrote:
(01-26-2016, 07:42 AM)G2G Wrote: Hmmm, Chinese are not against religions. Nowadays most of the Chinese are Buddhist.  Majority is Buddhism, while some are Christians, etc.

Buddhism has a very long history in China. Lots of temples in China too. Buddhism never insist of God (or free thinker like me called it "The Creator"), but mostly insist on doing goods things, to be kind hearted.

In the sense of fascism and communism they are not for religion hence the genocide in some cases. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Buddhists check under communism.

I read it and some parts seem misleading. Anyway, China or Chinese are not against religions, at least not Buddhism which has proved to be legal since long time ago. As a Chinese i really never heard about such a thing in my life. 

What they are restricting are those newly formed religions. Those newly formed religions mostly have politic forces behind them trying to fight against the current China government, example the "Fa lun gong". While some are formed by some people trying to use the new religions to earn money (such cases very popular in Taiwan, lots of Taiwanese joined those evil cult but thinking they are doing something good, one of the cases, they even gathered and commited suicide together claiming they can go to heaven)

It doesn't change the fact that there is and has been persecution of religion under communist rule in China.  It's legal to speak, vote, etc but they'll kill you if they feel like it.  Don't act like China is somehow an accepting country.  It's a third world communist country.  There is freedom of religion under the constitution and rule of the government which really isn't free.  If they feel like it they can stop any religion because under their constitution it must be not interfering with health, education, or public affairs.  In many cases China will take their authority and say no to a certain teaching.  This constitution only "protects" what they deem fit.  The communist party banned Christian missionaries when they rose to power.  In 1959 when China took control of Tibet monks, laypeople, and lama were massacred.  Currently you need approval for reincarnation if you're a lama. The government has attempted to eradicate Falun Gong and they also feel the same way about Muslims as they do Buddhists.  The U.S. international committee of religious freedom put China as one of 16 countries on a watch list for inhibiting religious expression of its people. The Chinese communist party is openly communist and bans any religious person from joining.  The people in the country can only worship startle sanctioned and regulated religions.

The point i was referring to was the part you said Chinese against religions (Should have used "China" actually), in fact it is not. China never stop people from believing Buddhism or Jesus Christ as far as i know. If they are prohibiting that, then they are again't religions, but they are not. If against those newly formed "religions" (mostly with bad intentions) are considered as against religions, this part i can't agree as i see many such religions must be prohibited. Too many people trying to use religions to earn money / gain power nowadays, without controlling, China will be in a big mess like some countries out there which people using religions as a tool to manipulate people to create havoc and destruction.

It's a third world communist country <-- Are you sure it is a 3rd world communist country? The wiki link here mentioned it is a second world country. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World

China has committed crimes against humanity with its genocide and persecution of it's people.  I allows state run propaganda religion.  Recently they have been removing crosses and closing churches.  What I am saying is China has a problem with religious freedom.  In any country you can follow a religion but if it's communist they can feel free to kill you like they have in China.  I don't understand why you can't simply read the facts of their persecution and banning of religion in their own political parties.  You keep saying they are against newly formed religions but I am not disagreeing with that.  The history of the communist party shows their hostility to religion and for that matter freedom in general.  Also the basis that is is second world because they take the economy or nicer areas and show that as their main country when in reality the majority of people are impoverished.  When they test the Chinese IQ average China won't let you test random street kids.  Rhey give the the best of the best.  The same way they cheat on sports and economy.  They're attempting to gain relevance by saying they're second world because of their industrial ability which in my view is shut.

I do not know how I have 1k credits lol
(01-26-2016, 06:52 PM)Mortal Wrote:
(01-26-2016, 10:10 AM)G2G Wrote:
(01-26-2016, 08:39 AM)Mortal Wrote: In the sense of fascism and communism they are not for religion hence the genocide in some cases. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Buddhists check under communism.

I read it and some parts seem misleading. Anyway, China or Chinese are not against religions, at least not Buddhism which has proved to be legal since long time ago. As a Chinese i really never heard about such a thing in my life. 

What they are restricting are those newly formed religions. Those newly formed religions mostly have politic forces behind them trying to fight against the current China government, example the "Fa lun gong". While some are formed by some people trying to use the new religions to earn money (such cases very popular in Taiwan, lots of Taiwanese joined those evil cult but thinking they are doing something good, one of the cases, they even gathered and commited suicide together claiming they can go to heaven)

It doesn't change the fact that there is and has been persecution of religion under communist rule in China.  It's legal to speak, vote, etc but they'll kill you if they feel like it.  Don't act like China is somehow an accepting country.  It's a third world communist country.  There is freedom of religion under the constitution and rule of the government which really isn't free.  If they feel like it they can stop any religion because under their constitution it must be not interfering with health, education, or public affairs.  In many cases China will take their authority and say no to a certain teaching.  This constitution only "protects" what they deem fit.  The communist party banned Christian missionaries when they rose to power.  In 1959 when China took control of Tibet monks, laypeople, and lama were massacred.  Currently you need approval for reincarnation if you're a lama. The government has attempted to eradicate Falun Gong and they also feel the same way about Muslims as they do Buddhists.  The U.S. international committee of religious freedom put China as one of 16 countries on a watch list for inhibiting religious expression of its people. The Chinese communist party is openly communist and bans any religious person from joining.  The people in the country can only worship startle sanctioned and regulated religions.

The point i was referring to was the part you said Chinese against religions (Should have used "China" actually), in fact it is not. China never stop people from believing Buddhism or Jesus Christ as far as i know. If they are prohibiting that, then they are again't religions, but they are not. If against those newly formed "religions" (mostly with bad intentions) are considered as against religions, this part i can't agree as i see many such religions must be prohibited. Too many people trying to use religions to earn money / gain power nowadays, without controlling, China will be in a big mess like some countries out there which people using religions as a tool to manipulate people to create havoc and destruction.

It's a third world communist country <-- Are you sure it is a 3rd world communist country? The wiki link here mentioned it is a second world country. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World

China has committed crimes against humanity with its genocide and persecution of it's people.  I allows state run propaganda religion.  Recently they have been removing crosses and closing churches.  What I am saying is China has a problem with religious freedom.  In any country you can follow a religion but if it's communist they can feel free to kill you like they have in China.  I don't understand why you can't simply read the facts of their persecution and banning of religion in their own political parties.  You keep saying they are against newly formed religions but I am not disagreeing with that.  The history of the communist party shows their hostility to religion and for that matter freedom in general.  Also the basis that is is second world because they take the economy or nicer areas and show that as their main country when in reality the majority of people are impoverished.  When they test the Chinese IQ average China won't let you test random street kids.  Rhey give the the best of the best.  The same way they cheat on sports and economy.  They're attempting to gain relevance by saying they're second world because of their industrial ability which in my view is shut.

What i am seeing in your posts are 2 things :
1) You have bias against China
2) Your view of China is still mostly based on the old China history and ignore the efforts they have done in recent years on various aspects. The fact is, China has been changing quite a lot. FYI, 10 years ago and 10 years now's China has significant changes in many areas. 

Again, I disagree what you said about China is against religions. They are not. But if you say they are "controlling" religions, then it is true in some ways. AGAINST is a word you have mis-used here. 

When they test the Chinese IQ average China won't let you test random street kids <--- What is this about and what is the proof? China has 13 billions people and you should know the IQ level is very difference. Even street kids on difference cities might have a big gap. But what is the problem with that? Other countries don't have this problem? 

The same way they cheat on sports and economy <--- How did they cheat? Proof? What i see is many of them have been working hard to gain their merits. Your statement is so irresponsible, it is not like all China sportmans cheated and not like other countries don't have cheaters in sports. And how did they cheat in economy? If cheating in economy is workable, i think China won't be the only cheater.

First, second, or 3rd world or not, it is not something you say it is then it is, it must be based on a standard. Now the standard clearly categorized China as second world country, but yet you brought up some things else and claimed they should be 3rd world?

Genocide? What about Hitler? What about Japan who killed lots of China people? Remember the Nanjing case where 300k people were killed? Would you say Japan is against humanity with it's history? I was not born in China, but my grandfather had to run away from China due to Japanese armies had killed / tortured lots of Chinese. Anyway, I am not against Japan, i am just letting you know that the media can enlarge anything and let you to believe certain country / entity is evil. There are Western people who visited China and found out the China they used to know from media is so much difference from what they really see in China. Same thing happened to me when i was a kid and believing USA was the heaven, but the fact is, USA has many of it's own problems be it race or religion issues.

https://www.G2G.com - The best C2C platform for gamer to buy and sell virtual assets / goods!
(01-27-2016, 03:30 AM)G2G Wrote:
(01-26-2016, 10:10 AM)G2G Wrote: I read it and some parts seem misleading. Anyway, China or Chinese are not against religions, at least not Buddhism which has proved to be legal since long time ago. As a Chinese i really never heard about such a thing in my life. 

2) Your view of China is still mostly based on the old China history and ignore the efforts they have done in recent years on various aspects. The fact is, China has been changing quite a lot. FYI, 10 years ago and 10 years now's China has significant changes in many areas. 

Again, I disagree what you said about China is against religions. They are not. But if you say they are "controlling" religions, then it is true in some ways. AGAINST is a word you have mis-used here. 

When they test the Chinese IQ average China won't let you test random street kids <--- What is this about and what is the proof? China has 13 billions people and you should know the IQ level is very difference. Even street kids on difference cities might have a big gap. But what is the problem with that? Other countries don't have this problem? 

The same way they cheat on sports and economy <--- How did they cheat? Proof? What i see is many of them have been working hard to gain their merits. Your statement is so irresponsible, it is not like all China sportmans cheated and not like other countries don't have cheaters in sports. And how did they cheat in economy? If cheating in economy is workable, i think China won't be the only cheater.

First, second, or 3rd world or not, it is not something you say it is then it is, it must be based on a standard. Now the standard clearly categorized China as second world country, but yet you brought up some things else and claimed they should be 3rd world?

Genocide? What about Hitler? What about Japan who killed lots of China people? Remember the Nanjing case where 300k people were killed? Would you say Japan is against humanity with it's history? I was not born in China, but my grandfather had to run away from China due to Japanese armies had killed / tortured lots of Chinese. Anyway, I am not against Japan, i am just letting you know that the media can enlarge anything and let you to believe certain country / entity is evil. There are Western people who visited China and found out the China they used to know from media is so much difference from what they really see in China. Same thing happened to me when i was a kid and believing USA was the heaven, but the fact is, USA has many of it's own problems be it race or religion issues.

I can't see why pointing out the evidence of genocide is biased but yet you believe that genocide, persecution, and inequality isn't under the term "against".  I do agree that recently there has been cultural change but I stand firm when I say crimes against humanity have been committed in the name of communist rule in China.  You can't tell me that they aren't against religion when they ban any religious person from joining their party.  Your subjective connotation of against holds no relevance in your claim that they are for religion.  If you look at China now many people think that their is reform because of democracy which the U.S. is based around no the Chinese political party.  My sub point about IQ testing is supposed to be an analogy about how China is run by it's self interests and want to remain a world power.  They will only take the good parts of their country and say "this is our country so we should be second world" when in reality their gap in poverty and humanitarian aid is lacking.  In other countries programs of socialized health care and testing are quite different than China.  If you look at the EU and compare it to China the standards and methods of testing are completely different because they only want to take the kids bred for IQ testing to remain relevant. Cadre corruption in post-1949 china lies in the organizational involution of the ruling party, including the Communist policies, institutions, norms, and failure to adapt to a changing environment in the post-mao era caused by the market liberalization reforms initiated by deng xiaoping.  Like other socialist economies that have undertaken economic reforms, such as post-soviet eastern Europe and central Asia, reform era china has experienced increasing levels of corruption. Public surveys on the mainland since the late 1980s have shown that it is among the top concerns.  According to Yan Sun Associate Professor of Political Science at the City University of New York, it was corruption, rather than democracy as such, that lay at the root of social dissatisfaction that led to the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989.  Corruption undermines the legitimacy of the CPC, ads to economic inequality, undermines the environments, and fuels social unrest.  To be quite honest with you I think it's a load of shit that hey're using their forced labor as means of standard to become a second world country.  The "other stuff" I brought up is to point out their propaganda and cheating of the system in order to become a second world country.  Sure there is a standard but do you think that it is what they measure up to in China? The man in charge of Chinas economic data is under investigation for corruption. Problems such as the highest levels of income inequality and the richest 1 percent surely raises a red flag for you no?  I am not attempting to say China is bad because my original comment was about how communism and atheism can cause massive genocide which you seem to have gone on a nationalist essay writing session.  I do agree that other countries are at fault but you decided to defend china and I provided a rebuttal.  As for your last remark about china being great and U.S.a having problems I agree in one thing only and disagree with the rest of the statement.  Obviously the communist propaganda would sway some weak minded individuals.  We can have a debate on the comparison of China and The U.S. on another website because it isn't for a forum.

i have no thought of what death will feel like, or even bring upon us. i just think its gonna be like sleeping for eternity.

[img=0x200]http://i.imgur.com/iVHfwLc.gif?noredirect[/img]
(01-27-2016, 05:08 AM)Mortal Wrote:
(01-26-2016, 10:32 AM)Mortal Wrote: It doesn't change the fact that there is and has been persecution of religion under communist rule in China.  It's legal to speak, vote, etc but they'll kill you if they feel like it.  Don't act like China is somehow an accepting country.  It's a third world communist country.  There is freedom of religion under the constitution and rule of the government which really isn't free.  If they feel like it they can stop any religion because under their constitution it must be not interfering with health, education, or public affairs.  In many cases China will take their authority and say no to a certain teaching.  This constitution only "protects" what they deem fit.  The communist party banned Christian missionaries when they rose to power.  In 1959 when China took control of Tibet monks, laypeople, and lama were massacred.  Currently you need approval for reincarnation if you're a lama. The government has attempted to eradicate Falun Gong and they also feel the same way about Muslims as they do Buddhists.  The U.S. international committee of religious freedom put China as one of 16 countries on a watch list for inhibiting religious expression of its people. The Chinese communist party is openly communist and bans any religious person from joining.  The people in the country can only worship startle sanctioned and regulated religions.

I can't see why pointing out the evidence of genocide is biased but yet you believe that genocide, persecution, and inequality isn't under the term "against".  I do agree that recently there has been cultural change but I stand firm when I say crimes against humanity have been committed in the name of communist rule in China.  You can't tell me that they aren't against religion when they ban any religious person from joining their party.  Your subjective connotation of against holds no relevance in your claim that they are for religion.  If you look at China now many people think that their is reform because of democracy which the U.S. is based around no the Chinese political party.  My sub point about IQ testing is supposed to be an analogy about how China is run by it's self interests and want to remain a world power.  They will only take the good parts of their country and say "this is our country so we should be second world" when in reality their gap in poverty and humanitarian aid is lacking.  In other countries programs of socialized health care and testing are quite different than China.  If you look at the EU and compare it to China the standards and methods of testing are completely different because they only want to take the kids bred for IQ testing to remain relevant. Cadre corruption in post-1949 china lies in the organizational involution of the ruling party, including the Communist policies, institutions, norms, and failure to adapt to a changing environment in the post-mao era caused by the market liberalization reforms initiated by deng xiaoping.  Like other socialist economies that have undertaken economic reforms, such as post-soviet eastern Europe and central Asia, reform era china has experienced increasing levels of corruption. Public surveys on the mainland since the late 1980s have shown that it is among the top concerns.  According to Yan Sun Associate Professor of Political Science at the City University of New York, it was corruption, rather than democracy as such, that lay at the root of social dissatisfaction that led to the Tiananmen Square protests of 1989.  Corruption undermines the legitimacy of the CPC, ads to economic inequality, undermines the environments, and fuels social unrest.  To be quite honest with you I think it's a load of shit that hey're using their forced labor as means of standard to become a second world country.  The "other stuff" I brought up is to point out their propaganda and cheating of the system in order to become a second world country.  Sure there is a standard but do you think that it is what they measure up to in China? The man in charge of Chinas economic data is under investigation for corruption. Problems such as the highest levels of income inequality and the richest 1 percent surely raises a red flag for you no?  I am not attempting to say China is bad because my original comment was about how communism and atheism can cause massive genocide which you seem to have gone on a nationalist essay writing session.  I do agree that other countries are at fault but you decided to defend china and I provided a rebuttal.  As for your last remark about china being great and U.S.a having problems I agree in one thing only and disagree with the rest of the statement.  Obviously the communist propaganda would sway some weak minded individuals.  We can have a debate on the comparison of China and The U.S. on another website because it isn't for a forum.

Altho you wrote a long essay but you never really answer my questions and never give any proof i asked. You are saying you are not bias? How can it not bias when you put a bad image on China by saying China cheated in sports and economy? This kind of thing happens in everywhere not only China. And it is still unsure if it is the sportman who cheated or China who cheated, there is a big difference there. Example, an Asian who killed a person doesn't mean the Asian's country asked him to do so or it is the country who at fault. You tried to made it sound like China government is the fault on everything.

And then you also gave wrong info by saying i am protecting China + claiming i said China is great? Where and when did i say that?

For me, China still has a long way to go to be a great country, but even if they haven't reached there, i give credits to what they have done correctly, for things they have done wrongly, i will never protect it.

Back to the root of my so called "protecting" China part, about China against religions is never true. If a country is against religions, they would never allow any religions in that country. But China allows religions to be in the country. Period. While they control it or interrupt it or not, that is another story, but it is never "AGAINST" it. If you really want to say China against religions, then i only agree if you say China against "religions who have political intentions / force behind them, or malicious intentions like using any religions to earn money. 

Weak minded people usually easier to be affected by media or believe what they want to believe. For people who wants to understand more about certain country, best way is still to live there or communicate with more people there to know about the real situation.

https://www.G2G.com - The best C2C platform for gamer to buy and sell virtual assets / goods!
(01-27-2016, 05:56 AM)G2G Wrote:
(01-27-2016, 05:08 AM)Mortal Wrote:
(01-26-2016, 11:19 AM)G2G Wrote: The point i was referring to was the part you said Chinese against religions (Should have used "China" actually), in fact it is not. China never stop people from believing Buddhism or Jesus Christ as far as i know. If they are prohibiting that, then they are again't religions, but they are not. If against those newly formed "religions" (mostly with bad intentions) are considered as against religions, this part i can't agree as i see many such religions must be prohibited. Too many people trying to use religions to earn money / gain power nowadays, without controlling, China will be in a big mess like some countries out there which people using religions as a tool to manipulate people to create havoc and destruction.

Altho you wrote a long essay but you never really answer my questions and never give any proof i asked. You are saying you are not bias? How can it not bias when you put a bad image on China by saying China cheated in sports and economy? This kind of thing happens in everywhere not only China. And it is still unsure if it is the sportman who cheated or China who cheated, there is a big difference there. Example, an Asian who killed a person doesn't mean the Asian's country asked him to do so or it is the country who at fault. You tried to made it sound like China government is the fault on everything.

And then you also gave wrong info by saying i am protecting China + claiming i said China is great? Where and when did i say that?

For me, China still has a long way to go to be a great country, but even if they haven't reached there, i give credits to what they have done correctly, for things they have done wrongly, i will never protect it.

Back to the root of my so called "protecting" China part, about China against religions is never true. If a country is against religions, they would never allow any religions in that country. But China allows religions to be in the country. Period. While they control it or interrupt it or not, that is another story, but it is never "AGAINST" it. If you really want to say China against religions, then i only agree if you say China against "religions who have political intentions / force behind them, or malicious intentions like using any religions to earn money. 

Weak minded people usually easier to be affected by media or believe what they want to believe. For people who wants to understand more about certain country, best way is still to live there or communicate with more people there to know about the real situation.

I assume you think that statistical data as well as addressing your points isn't answering your questions lol.  I've provided evidence and testimonials to prove claims.  There was no proper rebuttal other than personal anecdotes to any of my statements.  You've only said no no no so it seems you're the one who is avoiding the truth.  If anyone is biased it's you because you're grandfather came from China.  I put a bad image on the communist dictatorship because I know about world politics.  Can you explain why you're avoiding the facts and proof of the wrongdoings and the government and saying others do it?  I agreed that others do it but we were talking about China only.  I decided to only take China from my original comment and blow it out of proportion.  If you don't know about sports cheating in China there have been many in the recruit Olympics.  You keep saying " the religious part about China isn't true" but the rebuttal is very weak.  Your entire argument is completely based on subjective connotations.  One of the definitions of against is "in conceptual contrast to" which fits the communist party completely.  They are an atheist party that jails, persecuted, or kills, any who disagrees with them.  This has happened with religion in China for ages and proof is in the history.  Explain to me while they persecute religions and ban people from joining if they are religious.  It's not religious freedom when I look at it. You're saying that someone needs to live in China to know about it but the funny thing is the place the people from the U.S. go is Hong Kong which was modernized.  The people who live there are in the top one percent which is another problem in itself  You certainly can't compare Hong Kong to the rest of China.  Even in Hong Kong there are problems and you and I know that.  I am not attempting to demonize China like you think I'm just rebutting what you provided. Why can't we say the government is one of the main problems? Or should I continue about the people in poverty or the rich or the corrupt?

Fear is a weakness that most people have.
(02-26-2016, 03:22 AM)Anonymous Wrote: The fear of death is honestly silly.

When you die, you don't know. You can be scared of the pain before death (eg: being stabbed), but actually being scared of dying? When you're dead, you don't know you're dead, so there's no reason to be scared of it.

Maybe they're scared of what's after death. Is it just void or is there some sort of paradise? Or maybe it's reincarnation? I'm not sure myself, but I'm actually eager to know.

[Image: graphic.png]
lo and behold
(02-26-2016, 03:46 AM)Anonymous Wrote:
(02-26-2016, 03:31 AM)Malcolm Wrote:
(02-26-2016, 03:22 AM)Anonymous Wrote: The fear of death is honestly silly.

When you die, you don't know. You can be scared of the pain before death (eg: being stabbed), but actually being scared of dying? When you're dead, you don't know you're dead, so there's no reason to be scared of it.

Maybe they're scared of what's after death. Is it just void or is there some sort of paradise? Or maybe it's reincarnation? I'm not sure myself, but I'm actually eager to know.

Only one way to find out!  Oscar

jk don't kill yourself please.

Be right back, lets see!

[Image: graphic.png]
lo and behold
[-] The following 1 user Likes Malcolm's post:
  • Anonymous
Death is gonna happen either way. how it happens is whats scary.

Religion is just a myth, something made up to give people something to believe in. Kinda like Santa clause and the Easter Bunny.