YouTube | The Daily Rant #1
Well, this is gonna get fun. So you've got a keen eye to detail, yeah this going to be a series of threads, starting with the almighty Red-Tu--I mean YouTube©! A safe place for content creators, bloggers, and anything between to broadcast themselves doing some crazy shit. If you're someone like me, you follow a variety of different content creators, including maybe a couple of "News" channels. If you aren't I'll give you a quick version: YouTube has lost their God-damned minds. The introduction of Heroes™ is just..man..GENIUS, so since I said this is the quick rundown I'll let you go read up on YouTube© Heroes™, no no no. I'll wait. Go ahead, watch their overpaid for 2 minute animation, and read this amazing idea. I'll wait.

Welcome back! So let me ask, how did you feel? Oh..Well shit, no sense in trying to talk you out of it now, since you see it my way. I agree it is a great initiative, is what I would say if I were a fucking moron. No YouTube© Heroes™ is fucking stupid. If you read the article or watched the video and thought it through as "He's being a bit harsh about this, YouTube© is trying to let the community help, and that's a great idea. The community will have a way faster response time to problems on the site and could alleviate the stress on YouTube© staff." NO, just fucking no. The point of being a YouTube© staff member (A part of the support branch) is to fucking handle things, if you're stressed, get the fuck over it. It's your job, quit, hire me. I'll do it, I will gladly sift through videos and help requests for hours for probably $13/hr. The job isn't fucking stressful, it is time consuming, so I get the idea of reaching out for help. I get that, but what is this shit? "Mass Flag Videos" Okay, so say a content creator makes this one incredibly offensive video, you got our Hero™ coming through, sees this video and says man, bet all his content is this way, mass flags ALL of this person's hard work, the content creator gets a community strike or worse, a ban or channel termination, because some asshole 12-year old found You can go fuck yourself if you don't like this offensive. Giving the power to probably the worst brand of people on the internet literally destroy people's channels is not only stupid, it's so stupid it seems intentional. YouTube© has been around for more than 10 years now and they've always handled their assets in many different and interesting ways. Beforehand, it was the mass copyright striking, and demonetizing of channels due to insensitive materials and a lot (like 500 or so) of content creators saw this as the death of YouTube© when of course it was just clickbait titles, and we all know that in the back of our minds, because lets be real. YouTube© could literally delete PewDiePie, Smosh, and any of their massive channels and be perfectly fine. Simply because their overlords Google© have invested too much into YouTube© as a whole, so they won't Google© won't let YouTube© full under, ever. 

YouTube© has really turned into this shitshow and I have way more I could say about this, and might come back to it, but I gotta get some sleep for tomorrow's stream (Entirely shameless self-promotion). 

Last words, fuck YouTube© and fuck their Heroes™ initiative. A community ran support system is fucking stupid.

[Image: 2f0g9w0.jpg]
Youtube Heroes? It's just promoting regular people to become semi Youtube Staff. But again, nobody is forced to take part in that, it's purely optional.

Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
(10-19-2016, 09:47 PM)Red Wrote: Youtube Heroes? It's just promoting regular people to become semi Youtube Staff. But again, nobody is forced to take part in that, it's purely optional.

Yeah I know it is optional, but the thing is the self-righteous people of YouTube - the majority - of them are going to mass flag content that doesn't fit their criteria of YouTube.

[Image: 2f0g9w0.jpg]
(10-19-2016, 10:41 PM)Crunk Wrote:
(10-19-2016, 09:47 PM)Red Wrote: Youtube Heroes? It's just promoting regular people to become semi Youtube Staff. But again, nobody is forced to take part in that, it's purely optional.

Yeah I know it is optional, but the thing is the self-righteous people of YouTube - the majority - of them are going to mass flag content that doesn't fit their criteria of YouTube.

Youtube had that problem before the Heroes thing, this is only making it official that Youtube wants to kill itself. But hey, nothing lasts forever anyway.

Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]