Poll: Did you find this Thread useful?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
MAKE MORE
0%
0 0%
Yes
33.33%
1 33.33%
Kinda
33.33%
1 33.33%
No
33.33%
1 33.33%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

League of Legends SuperThread
Well, I haven't seen many threads about League around here (or most forums tbh), but I think it's about time to make one. So buckle seatbelts kiddos, because papa's gonna take the time to tell you the tale of Runeterra and why Graves can't have a cigar.

What is League of Legends
The cancer of the online community, the game with a community more toxic than CS:GO, COD, and WOW combined. The MOBA king itself: League of Legends

League is a MOBA (Massive-Online-Battle-Arena), released way back '09 by Riot Games™ and has grown to become the largest eSport in the world. In League of Legends 10 summoners select their champions and face-off on the Summoner's Rift in the highly competitive 5v5s to bring down each other's Nexus. 

LOL has 5 basic roles [Top Lane, Mid Lane, Jungler, Support, Marksmen], and over 130 champions to choose from, and every champion have their own unique abilities that are able to perform all 5 roles (some easier than others, some harder), now what all these abilities do and who all these champions are I'll let you discover on your own. 

Lets break down each role and lane, to its core objective
What the hell are lanes, and these roles?

I'm happy you asked. In League their are 3 primary maps to choose from: Summoner's Rift (where you will see 90% of all gameplay online), The Hollowing Abyss, and The Twisted Treeline. I'm adding sidenotes for lore of all 3 maps, with a short description if you want more info, otherwise scroll past them and I'll break down the 3 lane system, and the roles that are used in the game

The Hollowing Abyss

The Twisted Treeline

The Summoner's Rift

So the main system in league that is implemented is the 3-lane system. Since you'll be spending a majority of your playtime on the Summoner's Rift, I will only discuss that system and map. On Summoner's Rift, you have 5 main roles as stated before: Top, Mid, Jungle, Support, Marksman. They are pretty self-explanatory, but I'll go in depth with each.

Ahh top, the island of watching the whole map below you, and dueling for a good 60% of the match with your solo laner and the other 40% is looking for that one good roam

In top lane, you have really 3 basic objectives. Beat your laning partner and pull jungle pressure away from bot and mid, split push (sense-fully shoving toward the enemy base alone), and focusing on your team fighting ability, aka roaming. Each objective can be achieved in a single game, but you will be really dead-set on one or two of them at a time, try to deviate from that and practice all three in a single game, to provide maximum pressure. Which is the "blanket" objective for a top laner -- provide pressure on all parts of the map. 

Your champion selection for top lane really determines what sort of laning and grouping phase you will as a top laner. Taking a carry top laner, you will be expected to perform all 3 of the basic objectives as I stated before, and be the second carry on the team. You are expecting to CS (CS = Creep Score) well and perform good wave control, and pressure the enemy laners and jungler effectively. However, this can be very difficult, so top lane is also the domain to tanks, and farm heavy champions. As a tank, you have one sole objective: be an unstoppable meat shield for your squishies, and peel. Farm heavy champions are to do just what their title suggests - farm - playing farming top laners you need to scale up and be strong during the team fighting stage of the game, whether to burst down the backline or force the enemy frontline to burn everything they have on you.

Being in the top lane you will be pressured a lot by your teammates to be a carry, and do a lot more than you might be capable of, and I consider top lane being a more difficult lane to play, but one of the most fun lanes to play (depending on your champion).

Jungle
Welcome to the jungle, we got reds and blues, we got flamers too, we can tilt the enemies, but don't worry we'll tilt you too

Jungling is without a doubt the most difficult role in the game (IN MY OPINION). As a jungler you have a few different jobs; those jobs include vision control, lane pressure, jungle pressure, objective control (epic monsters - Dragons, Rift Herald, Baron Nashor), as well a few other jobs (shot calling being one of the more namesake jobs). If you've never played League of Legends or watched it, then all of these concepts are pretty foreign, so I'll go a bit more in-depth.

[Image: 554jzd.jpg]

When you are jungling there are 4 Camps on both sides of the map (Top side and bot) on each half of the map. As shown by the visual above. There are also two visual camps in front of Baron, and Dragon known as the Rift Scuttlers, but are mainly used vision of the Dragon/Baron pits on their respected side of the map. Each camps provides a unique buff for X amount of time, and can be used for various ways, whether it be pushing power, securing other camps, sustaining without having to go back to shop, etc. So what does each buff do?

All of the jungle buffs are as follows (For the current 6.20 Patch):
  • Gromp - When smited, Gromp gives you small poison damage bonus to your attacks for 90 seconds, that applies to both monsters (neutral/enemy) and champions.
  • Blue Sentinel - When smited, the Blue Sentinel restores mana back to your, and when killed grants mana regen, cooldown reduction, and an increase to ability power lasting around 90 seconds.
  • Wolves - When smited, the Greater Murk Wolf spirit is summoned and will grant vision to the Blue buff quadrant of the map and will alert allies when an enemy is within the blue quadrant of the map for 95 seconds.
  • Raptors - When smited, the Crimson Raptor will grant a true sight buff for 90 seconds, and when proc'ed will grant vision of nearby wards and hidden traps (Teemo shrooms, Jhin traps). Once the true sight buff is proc'ed it will stay active 10 seconds.
  • Red Brambleback - Much like the Blue buff, when smited it will restore resources but red buff will restore missing HP and when killed the brambleback will grant additional health regen, bonus true damage (ignores resistances), and applies a debuff that slows enemies for 3 seconds. Red buff lasts 90 seconds.
  • Krugs - When the Ancient Krug is smited will grant a 90 second buff where every 6th basic attack to stun minions and non-epic monsters, the buff can be extended at early levels by attacked towers to do bonus true damage to towers.
  • Dragon - There are currently 5 different dragon buffs and each are as follow
    1. Ocean Drake - "Heart of Oceans" restores 4 / 8 / 12% of missing health and missing mana over 5 seconds every 8 seconds while out of combat (based on stacks; +50% if they have Mark of the Elder Dragon).
    2. Cloud Drake -  "Stratus Walk" grants + 25 / 50 / 75 (+50% if they have Mark of the Elder Dragon) bonus movement speed while out of combat. Note: Cloud Drake does the most damage of all of the dragons
    3. Infernal Drake - "Infernal Tribute" grants 8 / 16 / 24% (+50% if they have Mark of the Elder Dragon) increased attack damage and ability power.
    4. Mountain Drake - "Earthen Arms" grants 10 / 20 / 30% additional damage (+50% if they have Mark of the Elder Dragon) as true damage to Epic Monsters and turrets.
    5. Elder Drake -  Aspect of the Dragon grants (45 × Elder Dragons slain) (+ 45 for every elemental dragon stack) true damage on all spells and basic attacks against non-turrets over 3 seconds. The strength of all elemental dragon buffs is increased by 50% for the duration. Elder Dragon will only spawn after 35 minutes, and after at least 1 other elemental dragon has been slain.
  • Rift Herald - Rift Herald is a newer buff to the game where as the other buffs can be killed multiple times throughout the game, Rift Herald can only be killed once per game and only will remain on the map pre-20 minutes, (pre-19:45 to be exact), afterwards Baron Nashor will spawn. When Rift Herald is slain it will grant the Glimpse of the Void buff. Glimpse of the Void grants 
  • 5% damage reduction while no allied champions near CORRUPTION: At 100 charges, your next basic attack discharges all stacks of CORRUPTION, dealing 15-270 magic damage (at levels 1-18, damage halved for ranged champions), lasting 20 minutes on a single champion.
  • Baron Nashor - When Baron has been slain, the allied team is granted the Hand of Baron buff. The Hand of Baron grants empowered recalls, increased Attack Damage and Ability Power, and nearby minions are greatly enhanced for 210 seconds or until slain.

Mid

BOOM, POP, BAM, your carries are dead *zed laugh* *Phreak screaming* LOOK AT THE CLEANSE, LOOK AT THE MOVES, FAKER WITH THE HUGE OUTPLAY, WHAT. WAS. THAT!

Now, on to our Mid laner, essentially the mid laner has the same job as the top lane, but is under a bot more pressure as they have to watch top lane, bot lane, and the enemy jungle for incoming ambushes. In most cases the mid lane is where you will find your assassins, and mages that can either be carry or utility based. (Sorry this isn't as in-depth as top and jungle, there isn't too much to mid, if someone has more information that think is relevant, please do share it in the replies and I will update this). 

Bot
Bard to Team: I got this guys *throws ult down* 2.5 seconds later.. *ENEMY PENTAKILL*
Carry to Support/Rest of the team: FUCKING PEEL YOU FUCKING FEEDERS I AM YOUR BIG BROTHER TYLER

Finally we reach bot lane. Where our Support and Marksmen live. I'll start with Marksmen, because I feel their job is a bit more simple and easier to explain.

As a Marksmen or ADC (Attack Damage Carry), you will be our carry, our damage, the reason why Riot invented tanks. Marksmen are all ranged champions and do the most damage with their basic attacks, and their abilites compliment their basic attacks in different ways. When you are playing this role you are expected to be able to farm effectively, have great map awareness, positioning in fights, and competence to know when to run away and when to fight. On to your laning partner, the support.

As a support your job is just as stressful as the adc's. Your job is not only to protect your marksmen's life, but also pick the smart fights with them, as well as have great map awareness, presence, and vision control. A support's job is not to sit in the duo-lane all game long, a good support should roam whenever possible to make plays much like a jungler would...However, that doesn't mean you are to leave your marksmen to dry alone in the 2v1, you need to be able to have faith in your carry, support them as much as you can, and peel (for the love of God, if you see you can save your carry's life, DO IT, don't be the guy to let them die). #SupportLivesDontMatter (They do, I'm kidding as a support main). Playing support means your sense of the map has to be better than all of your laners put together. Because you are really not doing all that much during the laning phase, so pay attention to the map, ping out missing enemies even if your solo laners did, it helps and always buy a sightstone, because vision is too important.

Well, I'm impressed you made it this far! Thanks for reading my super-thread on League and if you didn't read it, I'll give you a 60 second breakdown of the game by my great friend Arkadian:

[Image: 2f0g9w0.jpg]
Very nice Thread man. I should get back to playing this game at some point. Fa

Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
(10-15-2016, 09:52 PM)Red Wrote: Very nice Thread man. I should get back to playing this game at some point. Fa

Thanks, and if at all possible could you move this to the proper section? I didn't realize I wasn't in the league section

(10-15-2016, 09:59 PM)Crunk Wrote:
(10-15-2016, 09:52 PM)Red Wrote: Very nice Thread man. I should get back to playing this game at some point. Fa

Thanks, and if at all possible could you move this to the proper section? I didn't realize I wasn't in the league section

Done. Feelsgood

Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Red's post:
  • Crunk
LoL you should work at rito bud! They would hire you as advertiser Big Grin

[WTS] LBSG DB DEHASHED, CLIXSENSE DB, ARMYFORCESONLINE DB
Remember to Like my posts!
Kappa
[Image: giphy.gif]
(10-15-2016, 10:58 PM)Harry Potter Wrote: LoL you should work at rito bud! They would hire you as advertiser Big Grin

God, I wish lol I'd make a million and one different posts like this (if not higher quality) for pay.

(10-15-2016, 11:01 PM)Crunk Wrote:
(10-15-2016, 10:58 PM)Harry Potter Wrote: LoL you should work at rito bud! They would hire you as advertiser Big Grin

God, I wish lol I'd make a million and one different posts like this (if not higher quality) for pay.

Just saying, you can make a couple of threads in different places/forums and screenshot them and send them to rito together with your resume, they hire people who have passion for their work, maybe they like the posts you make and they hire you too! You never know just try out, you've nothing to lose!

[WTS] LBSG DB DEHASHED, CLIXSENSE DB, ARMYFORCESONLINE DB
Remember to Like my posts!
Kappa
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Harry Potter's post:
  • Crunk
(10-15-2016, 11:04 PM)Harry Potter Wrote:
(10-15-2016, 11:01 PM)Crunk Wrote:

Just saying, you can make a couple of threads in different places/forums and screenshot them and send them to rito together with your resume, they hire people who have passion for their work, maybe they like the posts you make and they hire you too! You never know just try out, you've nothing to lose!
Hmm, didn't really know about this. I'll definitely have to give this a go! Thanks Potter!

Or you know, you can steal people's accounts. That works too.

[Image: H4JQn0Z.gif]
(10-15-2016, 11:42 PM)Wubz Wrote: Or you know, you can steal people's accounts. That works too.

I mean, I'd rather earn it xD Creates self-worth and self-achievement that I didn't have before.

Also, say you were to get a high-elo (high rank) account and tried to play. You'd be basically fucked without basic game knowledge, plus you'd quickly be demoted.