How to Install Google Chrome on Linux Mint
[Image: demonforumsog-c.png]

Introduction

In this tutorial, I will be conveying how to install Google Chrome on Linux Mint. It shouldn't be too hard for you all. It's just a straight forward tutorial with specific commands you have to follow. If you need any help, concerns, or anything in general feel free to drop a comment, or Private Message me. Lets move on with the tutorial!

Okay, so lets start off with the basics. On your Linux Mint, go to your web browser, and search up "https://www.chrome.com\google/". From here, press the blue button "Download Now" and choose the option that is named "32 bit .deb (Debian/Ubuntu)". Then, "Accept and Install".

Now, we're moving on to the commands. Once Google Chrome finishes downloading. Go open up Terminal from your Linux Mint. Your side command should say something different, but i'm just going to show mine as an example for the names. Please make sure you don't add the extra "~ $" into the command since that's a preset for you. I will be showing Visual Examples so you don't get too confused. Everything I write in Black Bold Words, those are the commands you are typing.

snow@snow-desktop ~ $ cd Downloads
snow@snow-desktop ~/Downloads $ clear
snow@snow-desktop ~/Downloads $ ls
google-chrome-stable_current_i386.deb (this might be different for you, but it's fine.)
snow@snow-desktop ~/Downloads $ dpkg -1

From here, highlight the words on your terminal that are in Red Font. Then, copy and paste that after on the last command you typed in. It should look something this:

"dpkg -1 google-chrome-stable_current_i386.deb"

You should receive a dpkg error, but that means you are doing it correctly. Now, lets continue on the commands shall we?

snow@snow-desktop ~/Downloads $ su
Password: 
snow-desktop Downloads #

Copy and Paste the "dpkg -1 google-chrome-stable_current_i386.deb" one more time, and paste it. It should look like this now:

snow-desktop Downloads # dpkg -1 google-chrome-stable_current_i386.deb

Wait patiently for the process to finish here.

snow-desktop Downloads # apt-get -f install

Wait patiently for the process to finish here.

This part it's going to ask you if you want to continue the installation process [Y/n] Type in y for yes.

After the process is complete, and it shows a preset command for you:

hydro-desktop Downloads #

That means you are done, and you can exit out, and close terminal. Now, bottom left of your desktop. Go to your menu, and search up Google Chrome. You officially now have Google Chrome on your Linux Mint.

Cheers, Snow

This tutorial was made by Snow, and was meant for the DemonForums Community ONLY.

Have any questions? Feel free to PM me! / Knowledge is Power
Thanks for this thread @Snow. It's helpful, really.

Thanks for contributing to this site.