Ubuntu Linux: How to Install: Nikto, SQLMap, and Vega!
[Image: demonforumsog-c.png]

Introduction

In this tutorial, I will be showing you how to install Nikto, SQLMap, Vega, NMap, all in one thread running on Ubuntu Linux. This is for teaching purposes only for the community of NextGenUpdate. If you haven't seen my other tutorials for Kali Linux or Linux Mint. You can find them in the Learning Center if you wish. If you have any suggestions on some tutorials/guides I should make please give me feedback on my work. I really would appreciate to see what the community wants to see.

Nikto Installation:

Nikto is an Open Source (GPL) web server scanner which performs comprehensive tests against web servers for multiple items, including over 6700 potentially dangerous files/programs, checks for outdated versions of over 1250 servers, and version specific problems on over 270 servers. On your Ubuntu Linux, open up your Terminal. Follow the Black Bold Words I put in order to not get confused with the commands you need to input:

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install nikto
[Setting Up/Processing.....]
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ nikto
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ nikto -H

SQLMap Installation:

SQLMap is an open source penetration testing tool that automates the process of detecting and exploiting SQL injection flaws and taking over of database servers. Once again, open up a fresh Terminal. Follow the Black Bold Words I put in order to not get confused with the commands you need to input:

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install sqlmap
[Installing/Processing...]
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sqlmap

Vega Installation:

Vega is a free and open source scanner and testing platform to test the security of web applications. Vega can help you find and validate SQL Injection, Cross-Site Scripting (XSS), inadvertently disclosed sensitive information, and other vulnerabilities. It is written in Java, GUI based, and runs on Linux, OS X, and Windows. Once again, open up a fresh Terminal. Follow the Black Bold Words I put in order to not get confused with the commands you need to input:

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install vega
[Install these packages without verification?... [y/n]] Y type Y for yes.
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ clear
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo vega

Conclusion:

That's it, you're officially done with all the installations. Not that hard was it now? This was meant for Ubuntu Users on Linux. Need any more suggestion on what guides/tutorials I should make please feel free to drop a comment/PM me. Also remember to always keep in mind that it's your choice on how you use these programs. If you tend to abuse them in a negative way, congrats your on your own, and i'm not responsible for your choices. Hope you all have a great day!

Cheers, Snow
This tutorial was made by Snow, and was meant for teaching purposes here on DemonForums ONLY.

Have any questions? Feel free to PM me! / Knowledge is Power
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snow's post:
  • Red
Keep it up with these great tutorials man, really good content and it will help out a lot of members. Heart

Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]