Ubuntu Linux: How to Install: Netdiscover and Uniscan
Introduction

In this tutorial, I will be showing you how to install Netdiscover and Uniscan all in one thread running on Ubuntu Linux. This is for teaching purposes only for the community of NextGenUpdate. If you haven't seen my other tutorials for Kali Linux or Linux Mint. You can find them in the Learning Center if you wish. If you have any suggestions on some tutorials/guides I should make, please give me feedback on my work. I really would appreciate to see what the community wants to see. Lets continue on the tutorial shall we?

Netdiscover Installation:

Netdiscover is an active/passive address reconnaissance tool, mainly developed for those wireless networks without DHCP server, when you are wardriving. It can be also used on hub/switched networks. On your Ubuntu Linux, open up your Terminal. Follow the Black Bold Words I put in order to not get confused with the commands you need to input:

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install netdiscover
[Install these packages without verification? [y/n] Type 'Y' to continue!]
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo netdiscover -h
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo netdiscover -r 192.168.0.1/24

If the command pops up after the ARP Capture tab pops up, erase the command, and you will have it scanning.

Uniscan Installation:

Uniscan is a simple Remote File Include, Local File Include and Remote Command Execution vulnerability scanner. Once again, open up a New Terminal. Follow the Black Bold Words I put in order to not get confused with the commands you need to input:

ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo apt-get install uniscan
[Install these packages without verification? [y/n] Type 'Y' to continue!]
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ uniscan
ubuntu@ubuntu:~$ sudo uniscan

Conclusion:

That's it, you're officially done with all the installations. Not that hard was it now? This was meant for Ubuntu Users on Linux. Need any more suggestion on what guides/tutorials I should make please feel free to drop a comment/PM me. Also remember to always keep in mind that it's your choice on how you use these programs. If you tend to abuse them in a negative way, congrats your on your own, and i'm not responsible for your choices. Hope you all have a great day!

Cheers, Snow
This tutorial was made by Snow, and was meant for teaching purposes here on DemonForums ONLY.

Have any questions? Feel free to PM me! / Knowledge is Power
[-] The following 1 user Likes Snow's post:
  • Red
Nice tutorial, it's very helpful. Thank you for putting the time into this. Heart

Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]