Kali Linux: How to Install Metasploit
[Image: demonforumsog-c.png]

Introduction

In this tutorial, I will be showing you how to install Metasploit running on Kali Linux. This is going to be very helpful on my next tutorial I will put in the next lesson in the next tut. This is for teaching purposes only for the community of DemonForums/NGU.  If you have any suggestions on some tutorials/guides I should make, please give me feedback on my work. I really would appreciate to see what the community wants to see. Lets continue on the tutorial shall we?

Metasploit GitHub:

First, and for most, we need to get the download link of Metasploit. You can click HERE to go to the GitHub. Make sure you download Metasploit for Linux. In addition, choose what bit you have or want (64/32 bit) In my case, I will be getting the 64 bit. From here, you are going to open a New Terminal.

Metasploit Installation:

Remember to ignore all the preset commands, and follow along with the Black Bold Words I provide for you. 

root@kali:~# cd \Downloads
root@kali:~/Downloads# chmod +x ./

Pay attention in this part, from here, you are going to minimize your terminal, and head on over to your downloads. Find the Metasploit download you got from the GitHub, and right click on it. Go down and find "Properties" and click on that. Where it shows the name of the file, highlight it, and copy the whole name. It should be like this: "metasploit-latest-linux-x(64/32)-installer.run". Go back to your Terminal that we have been working on, from where we left off it should still be like this:

root@kali:~/Downloads# chmod +x ./

On the second command, paste the copied link after the "./" So your command afterwards should look exactly like this:
root@kali:~/Downloads# chmod +x ./metasploit-latest-linux-x(64/32)-installer.run

I added a x(32/64) mainly because it will show whichever bit you downloaded for. Lets continue on:

root@kali:~/Downloads# chmod +x ./metasploit-latest-linux-x(64/32)-installer.run
root@kali:~/Downloads# sudo ./metasploit-latest-linux-x(64/32)-installer.run (Paste the code again after ./)

Conclusion:

That's it, you're officially done with all the installation. Now, just accept the agreements, and DON'T MESS WITH THE SSL PORT/Server Name, etc.. just keep pressing forward, and accept. At the end, you should have Metasploit. I will be making a really nice tutorial next retrieving phone information using Metasploit on my next tutorial so stay tuned for that. Need any more suggestion on what guides/tutorials I should make please feel free to drop a comment/PM me. Also remember to always keep in mind that it's your choice on how you use these programs. If you tend to abuse them in a negative way, congrats your on your own, and i'm not responsible for your choices. Hope you all have a great day!

Cheers, Hydrogen 
This tutorial was made by Snow/Hydrogen, and was meant for teaching purposes here on DF/NGU ONLY.
Another dope guide man, this will help a lot. Thanks for contributing! Heart

Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]