Laptop running super slow Help
as stated above my laptop is running super slow its a dell vostro no sure of the model is there any tools i can get to try speed it up a little
(10-06-2016, 08:07 PM)HardcoreGamer Wrote: as stated above my laptop is running super slow its a dell vostro no sure of the model is there any tools i can get to try speed it up a little

If you're on Windows can't you just run a Defrag and Disk Cleanup? Those are built in programs that work pretty well. Other than that you should get an anti-virus and do a full system scan to make sure there's nothing malicious on your computer making it run slow.

Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
Tried a Defrag and disc cleanup but still pretty slow so i am guessing its something more sinister lol will download some antivirus and see if that helps a little thanks again for the help man Big Grin
(10-06-2016, 08:16 PM)HardcoreGamer Wrote: Tried a Defrag and disc cleanup but still pretty slow so i am guessing its something more sinister lol will download some antivirus and see if that helps a little thanks again for the help man Big Grin

Yeah man no problem. Also go into My Computer and check the properties of each Drive, just to make sure you have enough computer space/memory.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Red's post:
  • HardcoreGamer
(10-06-2016, 08:16 PM)HardcoreGamer Wrote: Tried a Defrag and disc cleanup but still pretty slow so i am guessing its something more sinister lol will download some antivirus and see if that helps a little thanks again for the help man Big Grin

You should also try using a program called CCleaner. Cleans up unnecessary files and does the job for me.
Check it out here: https://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download

[-] The following 1 user Likes AFG's post:
  • HardcoreGamer
Download and use the following.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
CCleaner
AdwCleaner
CryptoPrevent

I use all of these and my computer runs smooth and fast everyday

[Image: cZPhjxt.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Varsity's post:
  • HardcoreGamer
nice one guys than's so much for the help will give all your ideas a try and hopefully get my laptop going fast again lol
[-] The following 1 user Likes HardcoreGamer's post:
  • Varsity
(10-07-2016, 10:26 AM)HardcoreGamer Wrote: nice one guys than's so much for the help will give all your ideas a try and hopefully get my laptop going fast again lol

Honestly though, if you do all of these things and it STILL goes slow, you may need to consider backing up all of your stuff from your computer like images/videos/music/other files and buying a new computer man. Or if you can deal with it going slow then that's fine, but it will only get slower over time, if nothing else works.

(10-07-2016, 10:26 AM)HardcoreGamer Wrote: nice one guys than's so much for the help will give all your ideas a try and hopefully get my laptop going fast again lol

No problem man! If you are still having trouble, message me and I can help you solve the situation. I've been working with computers for almost 10 years now.

[Image: cZPhjxt.png]
As Red mentioned, they do get slower over time. You can also try a clean install of Windows on a new drive, or even look for a copy of a tool called SpinRite. It can discover and rewrite areas of "bit rot" on your drive, speeding it up considerably. It's a bit pricey unless you look for a less than legitimate copy.