DDoS protecting your website remotely: A foundation
Hi and congratulations on creating a website. That's probably the most tedious part side from all that SEO business. 

Now that your website is online, you'd probably want to protect it from potential competitor cyber influence, á la DDoSing.

Let's begin, first of all we need to analyse your budget and your risk of threat, chances are if you aren't marketing anything or creating some kind of service you probably don't need to involve a paid DDoS protection service. However because I am kind, I will provide some useful services for all budgets, from none to money being a none-factor.

Before we continue I'd like to add that most DDoS protection services that are free aren't purely designed to soak up any potential network strain but are better suit to mitigate prolonged issues such as null routing which can be a hassle.

So for free examples i'd like to share the general process that the free companies practice in protecting your network. Generally of course this doesn't apply to everyone but such as Cloudflare a popular free service, they spread network traffic over various POPs to hopefully isolate a DDoS attack.

Enough about all that, down to business.

Budget: 0$
*If website is news related*

So if you have no budget available but provide a news service the best recommendation I can give you would be to join google's own DDoS protection service. They provide this free of charge for news reporting, human rights involvement & election monitoring. Pick it up here: Project Shield.

Budget: 0$
Website expected traffic: (<1000 active users)

So if you have no budget available but are in need of some kind of foundation protection in place then I recommend CloudFlare, whilst it obviously isn't the strongest, it can definitely prove useful should the time come. Rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. Maybe. Pick it up here: CloudFlare.

Budget: Small
Website expected traffic: (>1000 <7500 active users)

Cloudlayar are a good low end priced DDoS mitigation service, they also provide malware scanners & relatively good botnet DDoS protection.
In this instance you would be okay with the 3.99$ package (pcm). Pick it up here: CloudLayar.

Budget: Small
Website expected traffic: (>7500 active users)

Again in this instance I would have to recommend  CloudLayar. Their premium package provides around 10 Gbit/s protection and also protects against layer 3/4 network attacks. The premium package comes in at 19$ (pcm). Pick it up here: CloudLayar.

Budget: Modest
Website expected traffic: (10k+ active users)

I have a two recommendations for this one, I'd begin with CloudLayar's Enterprise package which comes to $49 (pcm) and protects against layer 3/4 network attacks at a max of around 500+ Gbit/s
Another strong competitor in this range would be Sucuri Security with a $41.66 (pcm) package that protects against layer 3/4 & 7 attacks however does not state protection strength. 
Pick either up here: Sucuri Security, OR CloudLayar.

Budget: Not an issue
Website expected traffic: (Business/Executive: 20k+ active users)

I personally don't have a lot of experience in this regard but from clients recommendations I would suggest contacting Reblaze who provide a lot of business level protection. I urge you to do your own research in regards to this level of protection as I can't provide any clear information, if you have any questions about this level of protection then feel free to contact me however I cannot guarantee my help.
Pick it up here: Reblaze.

Disclaimer: I do feel as though the knowledge I provide here is useful, I do not guarantee that it is in fact the best possible choices for your money but it is a strong foundation to work with and I hope it helps you in your journey in better securing your websites future.

[Image: 954afaU.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes nasty's post:
  • xxHASTERxx
Really useful tutorial in my opinion for anyone looking for good protection.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rizla's post:
  • nasty
You could use cloudflare for website ddos protection if you have a good box that can handle layer 4 attacks , and cloudflare will block layer 7. But good tut!

[Image: i6efiium.png][Image: tumblr_mjkmahzVoc1r72ht7o1_500.gif]
CloudFlare really isn't as helpful and secure as portrayed. My experience with Sucuri is also terrible. I protect myself privately with my 6 personally owned dedi's configured for DDoS protection.
Cloudflare isn't as great as it is made out to be. This tutorial is cool though.

Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
Thanks for this! i might use it

[Image: adc6bc5acd96f28bbd48a3c57b2bbc17.png]
get servers from online.net for this purpose
Came back to verify that this method does work, so if anybody wants to use it, they can. It's safe. Heart

Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
Looks like this has a lot of vouches, so I may try this method.

[Image: H4JQn0Z.gif]