Windows or Linux?
I've been getting into constant arguments recently, what's better Windows or Linux? I personally use Windows but I'm truly considering swapping to a Linux distro. I'm not sure if that's a good idea as there are so many to choose from and I'm too confused on which one to actually pick.
so what do you guys think? should i just stay with what ive got or change to what i think is the better OS.

[Image: Funny-GIF-70.gif]
I personally would stick with Windows. However you could attempt to find someone who has Linux and try it out, if you find it better than Windows then switch to it.

Are you a guest to this site? Click the image below and sign up today!
[Image: FTYbRmR.gif]
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/should-i-use-linux-or-windows-3-deal-breaker-questions-you-must-answer/

[Image: V43QuCP.gif]
You should keep windows on your main pc if you have no idea about linux,
just install ubuntu or kali in virtualbox and practice on it, even tho you wont be as comfortable as on windows, you will have to update everything manually and install everything in a very sketchy way on any linux dist, in simple words linux is mostly for the gnu shell usage as windows cmd does not have the same freedom as linux shell, also kali is the best for administrative/backend and hacking usage.

Also worth to mention is that windows 10 supports gnu shell aswell by installing it manually through developer options, so i guess windows 10 supports comfort and administrative freedom in one XD

Also if you are a gamer you should stick on windows, unless you want to get in trouble to install wine in linux and hope that wine supports that game.. so windows is num#1 for gaming choice.

If you use banking and handle money mostly from your computer then i highly suggest linux, cause you will never have those fuckin trojans bothering you same way as them did on windows, you'll have your head clean of viruses on any linux dist!

As about performance, linux wins this part cause not only its light ram usage but also the hard drive write format is fat32 which is better than windows ntfs, fat32 automatically makes enough space between files when something is written on drive, so fragment rate is nearly 0%, the only way you have fragmented files sectors on linux is when your drive is 95% full so linux has always the best drive performance, on windows on the other hand, they use ntfs which isnt that convenient as fat32 and that write method sux totally, everytime you open/read/write something you create fragments even when you have 20% filled drive, on win7 you have to manually defrag or install autodefragment tools to maximize the drive performance, from win8 or newer versions microsoft implemented silent background defrag so its a bit less pain in the ass after the defrag finishes.

Hope you find this useful! GL

[WTS] LBSG DB DEHASHED, CLIXSENSE DB, ARMYFORCESONLINE DB
Remember to Like my posts!
Kappa
[Image: giphy.gif]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Harry Potter's post:
  • Alex
How about both they are good operating systems.
(10-01-2016, 08:49 PM)devinacer Wrote: How about both they are good operating systems.

Both of them have their own pros and cons, some people like Linux, others like Windows. It's merely a matter of preference.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Red's post:
  • Devil
OT Big Grin

I like windows because it's so common nowadays than a Linux OS, but as Red stated hey do have their own Pros/Cons.

Linux is really good don't get me wrong just not as much experience with it compared to a Windows System!
(10-06-2016, 01:10 AM)runescape Wrote: OT Big Grin

I like windows because it's so common nowadays than a Linux OS, but as Red stated hey do have their own Pros/Cons.

Linux is really good don't get me wrong just not as much experience with it compared to a Windows System!

Yeah, I don't know if I could adjust to a Linux OS.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Red's post:
  • Devil
Dualboot Windows 7 Home Premium with Linux Ubuntu 14.04. Personally prefer Linux over Windows.

[Image: py063Fi.png]
(10-06-2016, 01:16 AM)LucasYegorov Wrote: Dualboot Windows 7 Home Premium with Linux Ubuntu 14.04. Personally prefer Linux over Windows.

I never thought about that, but when it comes to technology it doesn't usually agree with me and refuses to work.