Linux Distro's for Server's
Hi DF,

I am currently working with Nova to hopefully in the near future, migrate the site to a VPS.

As Linux is most probably the best way to go about things, I was just wondering what Distro do you guys like and why.

I am very fond of CentOS and have not moved off it since I moved away from Ubuntu (Headless).

I would like to hear some suggestions on some distros to possibly use on this new build and why.

Any input is greatly appreciated as this could change the overall choice that me and Nova make regarding OS selection on this VPS. 

- Ghost

[Image: ZneK6qZ.png]
I like to use centos when developing small applications or running small instances but on bigger servers and vps's like the one running DF I like to use Ubuntu 14.04. It has many of the required packages that I use and love and it is very easily to install them with one command as I can install them all with one apt-get command. Also I like to use puppy linux to run in virtual machines for easy setup and use. Lastly, what better distro than android! I use android x86 for android emulation and even wrote a custom distro for my nexus 5x. There are just so many things you can do in linux :p
[-] The following 1 user Likes HaXzz's post:
  • Ferragamo
Nice Input,but I am sure this functionality is available in CentOS, with the "yum apt get" instead of "sudo" I will look into this, but once again thanks for the input bro, really helps.

[Image: ZneK6qZ.png]
(01-08-2016, 10:03 AM)༺Ghost༻ Wrote: Nice Input,but I am sure this functionality is available in CentOS, with the "yum apt get" instead of "sudo" I will look into this, but once again thanks for the input bro, really helps.

Yeah I'm familiar with yum but my issue with it is that centos didn't have all the packages I use so I had to build some of them myself (which can get very troublesome depending on the system and distro of centos)...